Hello! Whether you are a Purple Heart Medal recipient, spouse or family member, any Veteran, or merely just interested, this Oklahoma site's for you, too!
Our National Organization's web site is- http://www.purpleheart.org
My name is Bruce Dwyer. I am a member of the (non-profit/tax-deductible 501 3c (19) Military Order of the Purple Heart (aka "MOPH").
Last upd. 30 June 2015 :- )
YOU CAN CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While I'm NOT a Service Officer and I DON'T know everything; but will at least try to steer you in the right dirction!
NOTE: I pay for this site out of my own pocket-so a few of the articles may be OPINIONS that I happen to agree with; or are there just for discussion or to be thought-producing-not necessarily the official opinion of the MOPH. Bruce Dwyer...Webmaster
We support Combat Wounded Veterans, promote Patriotism, observe Patriotic events and enjoy camaraderie together.
The primary purpose here is to tell you what the Military Order of the Purple Heart is about/up to, especially in the Department (state) of Oklahoma.
2909 Ne Bellevue Circle
Lawton, OK 73507-7116
OK DEPARTMENT COMMANDER 2015-2016
Active Chapters in Oklahoma:
1) 563/Rogers County (Claremore) Meeting place is: Claremore VeteransCenter
CHAPEL @ 1000 AM, 2nd SATURDAY of each month.
Mike Sturgill (918-277-1264) or Sr. Vice Ron Sweger (918-530-9910)
2) 568/OKC SUSPENDED until further notice for alleged improprieties.
3) 589/Tulsa We meet at 6:30 p.m. Second Monday of each month in the Floral Haven Family Center, 6420 S 129th E Ave.
POC Name/PH#: Ted McDaris is the Commander (pic below).
4) 602/Lawton Meetings are held the first Tuesday of each month (except for January), 630 P.M. @ The
Lawton American Legion Post 29, set back a little from 11th and F streets.
POC Name/PH#: Gary Bounds is the Commander (pic below).
Alternate CH602 POC: Bruce Dwyer, Adjutant. email@example.com
5) 641/Tahlequah meets the second friday of every month at Restaurant of the Cherokees at 12 noon.
POC Name/PH#: John Cooper is the Commander (pic below)
6) Chapter 820 Payne County in Cushing
Commander: Frank Casson (pic below)
Dept of OK/CH602 Adjutant Bruce Dwyer